Flu season is upon us! Households, schools and workplaces have already been affected. Some people received the flu shot, some did not. Whether you believe in artificial vaccination or not, you still have to maintain a strong immune system to fight infections, including the flu. According to the CDC, over 80,000 people died in the 2017-2018 flu season. Obviously, we are not addressing this health crisis correctly!
“The natural force within each of us is the greatest force in getting well.”
Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician.
The above statement was true thousands of years ago and is still true today! However, today we are exposed to massive, toxic chemicals in the foods we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink and the environment in which we live. Diets of today consist of sugar laden, processed, fake foods stripped of their vital, life sustaining nutrients. Plus, unnaturally heated, chemically enhanced foods, which were never intended to feed or nourish our complex bodies. How can we rebuild and support our Immune System so it can fight the intense viral and bacterial infections we are exposed to and function at optimal strength? After few38 years of practice, the following are a few suggestions that I have found extremely for family, patients and friends.
1. Buy whole, fresh, non-GMO, organic foods. This may seem more expensive at the time, but if you don’t invest in your health today, you will invest in your sickness tomorrow! (Dr. Bruce Bond) And, thankfully, the public is demanding these foods and most stores have them available. Or, just grow your own. You may need to take time to learn how to prepare these foods, but the journey is worth it!
2. Limit or avoid sugar! This non- food was meant to enhance the food not be the food. It is completely void of ALL nutrients. A proven contributing factor to diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, chronic illness, autoimmune disorders and all significant conditions related to a suppressed immune system.
3. Rest. We need to stop, turn down or off all electronics, reduce the noise! Let the body restore and rejuvenate 7-9 hours every night. Prepare the body for sleep. Take a hot bath, read a good book or The Book! Pray. Many sleep issues are caused by poor diet and the inability to relax. It’s time to make a change. And it’s a choice.
4. Hydrate with water! Clean, filtered water. I recommend Evian or Mt. Valley. They offer a nice mineral source of trace minerals.This helps calm the body and stay hydrated. Since our bodies are 60-80% water, this is an important habit to develop. I do not recommend distilled water as it is void of any minerals. 8 to 10 cups of water per
day is a solid habit to create.
5. Exercise. My good friend, Cynthia Hinman said this “The best exercise for you is the exercise you’ll do!” Exercise raises the body temperature which helps fight infections. It also mobilizes the lymph system, a powerful component of the Immune System which flows through- out our entire body. When the lymph is stagnant, it can harbor infections thus reducing our ability to fight disease. So start walking!
6. Regular SOT ® ( Sacro Occipital Technic) Chiropractic Care.This is the natural way to maintain proper nerve function and proper alignment so communication on all levels is smooth, healthy and uncompromised. SOT ® is a low force, all encompassing Chiropractic technique developed by Dr.DeJarnette and is practiced all over the world with great success! This is the technique that adjusts the cervical spine with a gentle, non-force approach. Good for people of all ages. Dr.DeJarnette said “ Normal Structure equals Normal Function”. That is what we strive to achieve as SOT ® doctors.
7. CMRT(™) ( Chiropractic Manipulative Reflex Therapy) This is part of the world of SOT ® and the only Chiropractic Technique that thoroughly addresses organ/viscera function and restoration. “CMRT does for the viscera (organ systems) what spinal manipulation does for the vertebral and nervous system of the body. “Disease must be reversed from the front”( Dr. Kiser) SOT ® doctors do not ignore the organ system. This technic involves the Occipital Fiber System, developed by Dr. DeJarnette, which guides the SOT ® doctor to the most compromised system of the body at the time of treatment. This includes the Immune System. It’s one of a kind, powerful and effective approach in helping restore normal function to the
suppressed or compromised system.
8. Whole Food Based Supplements. With SOT ® and CMRT (™) technics, the doctor can recommend specific supplements to help support and restore vitality to the Immune system, or whatever
system may be compromised.I have used Standard Process Supplements my entire life which include 38 years of practice. These are whole food based, cold pressed, non synthetic supplements created for specific and general support. Because they are whole (found in their original state) the body will utilize them whereas synthetic supplements, while they may be helpful for a short period of time, will eventually drain the body of other nutrients due to the fact it’s natural, synergistic component is not available. Used correctly, the Whole Food Based supplements will support and nourish the body to help restore a strong Immune system.
9. Herbal supplements and tonics. Very powerful and more effective when blended with synergistic components. ( other herbs that compliment and work well together). Herbal therapy has been utilized over thousands of years. They are widely accepted in numerous countries for their healing and sustaining sustaining abilities. It’s very important, however to get proper, well researched herbal supplements which is why we use MediHerb products.This company has published research to back the claims and we have been extremely successful in combining herbal protocols with supplements to help sick people regain their vitality.
10.Start today!!! It’s never too late to start the journey towards good health! One step, or even 2 or 3 can easily be done. You will be empowered and ready to enjoy every day the Great Creator has given you!
“Investment in your health today equals peace in your tomorrows.”
Dr. Kimberly K. Shara